What product documents do I need to prepare before launching a new product?
The product documentation that needs to be prepared before a new product goes online is very important. It is not only useful for communication and collaboration during product development process, but also very important for subsequent maintenance and updates. The following describes in detail which product documents need to be prepared before launching a new product.1. Market Demand Document
Market Requirements Document (MRD) is a document focused on market demand, including a description of user needs, product positioning in market, and intended target user groups. Basically it includes following content:
- Target users. Describe characteristics of target user group of product, including age, gender, profession, interests, etc.
- Product Positioning: Describe position and positioning of product in market, such as market competition, product benefits, etc.
- Product characteristics. Describe main features and functions of product and formulate a product development plan based on this.
A product description document (PDD) is a detailed product specification that details and explains features, performance, architecture, and implementation of product. Basically it includes following content:
- Product overview. Describe overview, goals and use cases for product.
- Functional requirements. Describe functional requirements for product, including required, prioritized, and secondary features.
- Performance requirements. Describe performance requirements of product, including response time, throughput, and capacity.
- Data Model and Data Flow: Describe product database structure, data flow, and data maintenance methods.
- Non-functional requirements. Describe non-functional requirements for product, including security, reliability, usability, scalability, etc.
- Interface Requirements: Describe interface requirements and implementation methods between product and other systems.
A product design document (PDD) is a detailed description of product design, including user interface of product, interaction process, and technical implementation plan. Basically it includes following content:
- User Interface Design: Description of user interface of product, including menus, controls, workflows, etc.
- Interaction Design: Describe interaction process and product flow, including interaction flow between users and system.
- Technical implementation plan: Describe technical implementation plan for product, including architecture design, database design, coding specifications, etc.
The User Guide is a user guide for end users that contains detailed descriptions and instructions on all aspects of product. Basically it includes following content:
- Product overview. Summarize goals, functions, operating procedures, and other information about product.
- Operating Instructions: Instruct users specifically on how to use product, including detailed descriptions of various operating procedures and functions.
- FAQ: Provide solutions to common problems you may encounter.
Product documents that need to be prepared before a new product goes online include market demand documents, product definition documents, product design documents, and user manuals. They can also provide reliable support. It is a professional knowledge management product starting from enterprise application scenarios, mainly divided into internal management and external distribution. Internal knowledge management focuses on data security, privacy and privilege management; external distribution basically corresponds to external content output and brand promotion of enterprises. product marketing. Various application scenarios such as help documents, product guides, knowledge bases, etc. Use address: https://www.baklib.com/?utm_content=7&utm_source=zhihuHow to use
When using website creation method, generated content is website presentation method, and various website theme templates are provided. The usage method is as follows:Create a reference document.
After logging into official website and registering an account, select site creation, select appropriate application scenario, theme, fill in site name (these options can be changed), and creation is complete.Fill in content
When creation is complete, enter background, create column, and populate article in column. The editor is similar to Word and supports Markdown syntax. You can fill in images, videos, files, links, etc... in article as needed. The official provides many free plugins to use to help make the site more perfect.Full preview
Click top right corner to view site, you can see display effect of site, and constantly change and improve content. For example, following client case: